Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/customer/www/dannylaceyfilm.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/social-warfare/functions/social-networks/googlePlus.php on line 73
Starting the post-production process on That Day
I’ve made a start on the first edit of That Day, a short sci-fi film that we shot a week ago. In this blog post I wanted to share my process for setting everything up ready for the edit.
We’re editing in Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5, with the MXF video files shot on the Canon C300 (DP was Philip Bloom). The Canon XF files are being edited natively inside Adobe, no converting required (which is the beauty of this editing software).
In this video blog I talk about the following:
- Setting up the folders on the hard drive / backing up
- Starting a new Adobe Premiere Pro project
- Working with separate audio and sound reports (Production Sound Johan Maertens)
- Renaming the video clips, inside Premiere
- Working with script notes to start the edit (Script Supervisor Hendrik Kolind)
Hope you find the video of some interest, I’m always happy to hear your thoughts. Maybe you have discovered a much quicker way of doing the above, please do let us all know in the comments section below.
Don’t forget to keep your eye on the Facebook page for That Day at http://www.facebook.com/thatdayfilm and you can follow more film making updates on my Twitter page http://www.twitter.com/dannylaceyfilm
Many thanks for stopping by!